The Project’s idea concerns the rebranding of the cross-border area of Greece-Albania through the enhancement and skillful promotion of eco-cultural resources, focusing on tourist development. The specific objectives of the project involve:
- The valorization of cross border areas cultural and natural heritage for tourist purposes.
- The effective enhancement and promotion of the current tourist image of the area.
- The development of an integral and innovative tool for managing place branding.
- The resurgence of a conversation concerning the common European identity, which is not yet prominent in the Greek-Albanian cross-border area since Albania is an IPA country.
- The creation of a new brand based on the detailed record about c-b areas cultural and natural heritage and
- The reinforcement of the Greek-Albanian borders conception as an area with similar geophysical and cultural characteristics.
The aforementioned common eco-cultural resources should form a vehicle towards the establishment of a new identity, aiming to the enhancement of the common European concept and tourist development. This identity will be highlighted and formed through marketing strategies towards the whole cross-border area’s rebranding.
Furthermore, training and consultation processes among key stakeholders, involved in place marketing and branding strategies, will take place in the area. Besides existing practices ameliorated and contextualised into the Project’s idea, the follow-through of the Project will be accompanied by the development of a dynamic/on-line knowledge base and networking platform that is anticipated to continue to operate after the completion of the Project, aiming at the diffusion of knowledge and ongoing training.